The only new film that released the previous week was 'Sekhar' starring Rajasekhar. But shockingly the film was removed from theatres in two days followed by a court case.
Thus, it missed the position in the Top5 grossers of the week though received mixed talk on the first day.
1. Sarkaru Vaari Paata: The film that opened with mixed reviews has been doing well in many centers. The collections were impressive but due to the cost of production and the rate at which it was sold, it is breathing heavily to make a break even.
This Mahesh Babu's film in the combination of Keerthy Suresh for the first time pulled the audience's attention with its songs and trailer. The summer vacation helped out the film to an extent to make reasonable collections.
2. KGF2: This monster hit has been making collections here and there in many centers even after these many days of release.
The film is set to hit the OTT Platforms but still, it is not a complete end to the theatrical collections This biggest hit in the Indian film industry after the pandemic has been the talk of the nation this year.
This Yash starring film in the direction of Prashanth Neel stood up in the third position as the all time Indian hit.
3. Ashoka Vanam Lo Arjuna Kalyanam: This film, though opened up with positive reviews, couldn't withstand much longer as the gale of Sarkaru vaari Paata disturbed the collections in the second week. This Vishwak Sen starrer was made as a romantic comedy set in a village.
The entertainment and emotional factors in the film connected to millions of middle class men in the society and garnered a positive talk.
4. Don: This surprise film entertained those who watched it but failed to pull more audiences to theatres.
The word of mouth publicity is good but that proved not sufficient to witness required collections for this kind of film.
Starring Shiva Karthikeyan and Priyanka Arul Mohan this is directed by Cibi Chankravarthy.
5. RRR: This has graced the OTT platform in Hindi version and the collections at the theatres have dropped phenomenally. This proves to be the last week of this film to be in the Top 5 list of the week.
The phenomenal performance at the theatres made the film stand in 2nd position as the biggest blockbuster of the year after KGF2.